New Braunfels Christian Academy is dually accredited for Kindergarten through grade 12 by Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and by AdvanceEd, formerly known as Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS/CASI).
The Christian Academy has been an active member of ACSI since 1998, and the secondary athletic programs compete as members of Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools (TAPPS) and Independent School Athletic League of San Antonio (ISAL). Our High School and Middle School programs compete in TAPPS and PSIA (Private Schools Interscholastic Association) academic events, respectively. In addition, our elementary program participates in PSIA competitions
The Christian Academy’s accreditation is recognized by the Texas Private School Accreditation Commission (TEPSAC), which helps to ensure quality in private schools by monitoring and approving organizations that accredit the various non-public elementary and secondary educational institutions in the state of Texas. The relationship of TEPSAC with the Texas State Commissioner of Education allows for the following activities related to accredited non-public schools:
- Transferability of student credits earned in accredited non-public schools to Texas public schools
- Recognition of teacher service in accredited non-public schools for salary increment purposes in Texas public schools
Below are commendations provided by the ACSI Visiting Committee in the most recent accreditation report (April 2010):
- Its vision to empower their students to confidently enter the next stage of life with an excellent foundation grounded in God’s Word and to stand firm in their faith.
- The elementary administration and enrichment staff for including Spanish, art, music, band, and library in the elementary course offerings.
- The Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) for its exceptional love and support of the students, faculty, and staff … for answering the call of teachers requesting supplies on The Giving Tree and generously providing materials to enhance student learning.
- The entire faculty, administration, and staff for their commitment to the education of students to God’s glory.